Licensing Information

ATTENTION: The Idaho Division of Occupational and Professional Licenses (formerly Idaho Bureau Of Occupational Licenses or IBOL) recently made changes to how they administer their drinking water and wastewater exams. To view these changes and schedule an exam, please visit the DOPL website.

Frequently Asked Questions

The experience required varies from license to license. Contact Adrianna Hummer at ahummer@idahoruralwater.com or 208-392-3576, for specifics on what you will need. The license exam applications also show the experience requirements.
Attend any and all training sessions relevant to the profession. Visit our Resource Library for practice exams and study material.

Here are a couple links to help you find drinking water and wastewater training material: If you are not an AWWA member and would like to order books please call Adrianna at (208) 392-3576.