Post Drinking Water Protection Signs In Your Community
Posting signs in your community is a great way to alert the public about areas that are sensitive to ground or surface water contamination.
Here are some good places to erect signs:
- Outside of each of your well houses
- Entering city limits or delineation areas
- Outside of your storage tanks
- Within 500 feet of surface water sources
- At surface water areas that receive a lot of traffic, such as river put-ins and swimming areas
- Near places with a shallow water table
- Along transportation corridors
These signs can be obtained from the Department of Environmental Quality with the help of IRWA. Some funding may be required from your system, depending on how many signs you would like.